The Kenny Seales Memorial 5K Walk/Run and family fun day in memory of Kenny Seales, who passed away from colon cancer four years ago. Anybody who has not pre-registered can register that morning starting at 6:30am. 5K will begin at 7:30. Our route is on old pavement with bumps, gravel and lots of hills. We chose this course because of the stuggle Kenny went through with this cancer, we think it is the least we can do for him. All money raised goes to the Joe Lee Griffin Hope Lodge in Birmingham where Kenny spent alot of his time during his treatments. We also have a variety of vendors, food vendors, bouncy houses for the kids, dunking booth, and a silent auction. We have a balloon release at the beginning of the race in memory or in honor of our survivors and those we have lost to this horrible disease. We are looking forward to another great year for our event. Please come out and join us. If you see you can't come out, you can always contact us and be a sponsor by donating a minimum of $25.
Thank you to all who join us, whether participating or donating!!
Event details and schedule
- Early registration ends August 29th.
- Early packet pick-up is scheduled for September 11th from 5:30pm-8:00pm at Sweet Home Baptist Church Fellowship Hall.
- Day of event registration begins at 6:30.
- Course is on old pavement, with loose gravel and bumps, and lots of hills.
- Free parking is available all around the church.
- Please remember to read and sign your waiver.
- Water stations are available all around the course and church.
- Wear something cool and comfy.