MOUNTAIN BIKING - Race Date: June 10, 2017
Forever Wild Trails at Beaver Creek
3636 Fortner St.
Dothan, AL 36305
Alabama State Games Contact:
- Any rider attempting to race in the wrong category will be disqualified upon discovery.
- Rule 4.8 NICA: Athletes must complete the race with the same bike they started with, and a 10 minute penalty applies for switching bikes.
- Rule 4.9 NICA: This rule applies to all races. Athletes must not progress on the course unaccompanied by a bike.
- Volunteer race marshals will be placed to ensure safety and a fair race.
Entry Fees & Deadlines, Including On-Site Registration Times:
Online registration $27 per rider: Deadline June 6
On-site registration $40 per rider: June 10, 2017 at venue. (cash and credit cards accepted)
On-Site Registration from 8 AM - 9 AM for Youth and 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM NOON for Adults!
Race Start Times: Youth will start at 9:00 AM and Adult Races will start at 12:00 PM NOON!
Age Divisions & Format:
- Male and Female
- 70 and Up
- 12U youth distance and laps will be based on an estimated average completion time of 45 minutes
- Ages 13-14 distance and laps will be based on an estimated average completion time of 60 minutes.
- Ages 15-18 and 19 and up distance and laps will be based on an estimated average completion time of 90 minutes.
- Number of laps will be announced on race day.
- The start of the track goes into a up-hill double track straight followed by single track laps.
Awards and Qualifying:
- AL. State Games gold, silver and bronze medals awarded to each age category/division.
- Mountain Biking is a participation sport for the State Games of America event. Those who show up and participate in the 2016 & 2017 Alabama State Games mountain biking races automatically qualify to compete in the 2017 State Games of America (SGA), held in Grand Rapids, Michigan, August 3-6, 2017. Click the image below for more info. Participants in the Alabama State Games are responsible to check event format and age groups for all SGA qualifying sports offered at the Alabama State Games.