Sportsplex Kids Triathlon
Saturday, August 5, 2017
Opelika Sportsplex and Aquatics Center
Age and Race Specifics
Swim 50 yards
Bike 1.5 miles
Run 500 yards
Swim 100 yards
Bike 3 miles
Run 1 mile
Swim 150 yards
Bike 6 miles
Run 2 miles
Participants will compete based on their age as of 12/31/16. 5-year-olds may participate in the Kids Tri or the Small Fry Tri. In order for a 5 year old to compete in the Kid’s Triathlon they will need to do a paper registration.
All participants will wear tri tags. About Time Events will be doing timing for the event. Awards will be given to the top 3 finishers, male and female, in each age group. Each participant will receive a t-shirt and medal.
NO ASSISTANCE WILL BE GIVEN WHILE SWIMMING. KIDS MAY HANG ON LANE DIVIDERS, BUT MUST ADVANCE UNASSISTED.
Early Bird Sign-up Before 5/19/16: $25/ child
May 19-July 22: $30/ child
After July 22: $35/child
Discount of $5 per child when signing-up 3 or more children.
NO SAME DAY REGISTRATION! Pre-registration is required.
Transition and body marking is from 6:00-7:00 a.m.
Pre-race meeting at 7:15 a.m.
The 12-15 Year Old Division will begin at 7:30 a.m.
The 9-11 year old wave and 6-8 year old wave will begin as soon as earlier waves are out of the pool.
- USAT Rules will be enforced.
- No aero helmets, No aero bars and no disc wheels.
- No diving at the swim start. Triathletes will enter the pool every 10-15 seconds.
- Helmets must be worn when leaving transition. No riding bikes in transition.
- Shirts must be worn during bike and run portion of the race.
- No training wheels or flotation devices allowed.
What to Bring
- Swim suit, trunks or tri Suit
- Flip flops
- Race shirt
- Race belt
- Tri tag/anklet
- Swim cap
- Bib number
- Safety pins
- Helmet stickers
- Bike stickers